cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

My battery is stuck at 48%. If I unplug it it loses battery and gets stuck lower.

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360

My laptop was stuck at 50% despite charging (it DOES have the charging symbol, it just didn’t go above50%). I restarted it, didn’t fix it, so I shut it down and left it unplugged overnight. Didn’t solve it. I tried leaving it unplugged for a few minutes, battery went down to 48%. Now when I plug it in it won’t go above 48%.

this started yesterday, 9/21/20. Haven’t had battery problems before that. I’m running windows 10 I guess. 

Kinda need this laptop for classes, would appreciate help. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
25,773 25,706 2,356 5,575
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@allu27 

You can check the battery to some extent using Powershell built into Windows 10. as follows:
1) Press Windows key + X
2) Click Powershell in the menu
3) Type powercfg /batteryreport

This will generate a report and if you scroll down, you will see Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity ratings. If the Full Charge Capacity is less than 50% of the Design Capacity, it is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Also note the figure alongside the "Cycle Count". This tells how many times the battery has been fully recharged. A typical battery can handle around 500 charge cycles, but some will fail sooner than that.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WAWood

Hi,

I checked, and design and full charge capacity are the same number (and it just gives me a dash for the cycle count). But my battery’s still at 48% despite having been plugged in for 24 hours straight now (I’m not willing to let it run down as I *really* need this for school, especially right now).

not really sure what to do here, does this suggest that it’s not a hardware problem? Or just a different type of hardware problem

thanks

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation