Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6-6093ex Entertainment Notebook PC
Product: Example: Pavilion Dv6
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

Whenever I try to type using my  keyboard,  sometimes I see that numbers or letters whose buttons were pressed on are not being responded  for a while. 
I must  press on the same key two or three times in order for I let it be typed. 

There is a sound coming out of the cooling-fan of the CPU just before the numbers or letters have been shown(typed)

I don't know what makes the pressing on the keyboard keys be unresponded for awhile and then the letters or numbers whose buttons were typed on are typed.

Delying in seeing the pressed numbers or letters typed is, I think, because the CPU is not responding, hanging. But what might be causing that is still missing for me.

Should I dismblle (take apart) my laptop, check on if the keyboard cables are plugged into the mother borad or it's not necessary?

Is it just a keyboard problem or it is CPU overheating problem because while I was being faced with that keyboard issue, I heard a sound coming out of CPU cooling fan.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @cooperator,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information

Have you done any changes to your hardware or your operating system?

May I have the exact product name and number? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, let's check the keyboard test. Click here

Also, run the PC hardware diagnostics on your PC. Click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @cooperator,

Hope I was able to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.