Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Tried that and it didn't work. 😞 Maybe I didn't leave the battery out long enough?

HP Recommended

Your solution worked great! Thank you!

HP Recommended
I have a Hp pavilion dv6 i3 laptop..The problem is none of its usb port are working and as i start up my laptop suddenly after two to three minutes the area just side to the touch pad section get excesively heated and the lapptop shuts down even if the battery is fulll..anyone has any idea what can be the problem..
HP Recommended

I finally took my laptop to a repair guy. Meanwhile, the computer had started getting hot and shutting down. After a week of working on it, he told me it couldn't get fixed. I now have a Chromebook and love it!

HP Recommended

I own dv-9320US and I have been facing the similar issue. It is getting very hot, doesn't matter if it in Air Conditioning room or not, it continuosly blows hot air. I don't know what to do, I don't want to take it to the technician because they may make the situation worse after opening my laptop.

It is posiible to completely Change MAC Address

HP Recommended

You must open your laptop from the back and clean the fan. Sometimes, the dust get collected on the fins which make the fan difficult to suck the heat out of your laptop. You can use blower to clean it. Avoid blowing the dust away through your mouth because it may damage the internal componenet of your laptop. Use vaccum cleaner or any blower to apply air pressure to wipe off the dust.

[Content Removed]

HP Recommended

That happened to me.  Three computer techs at hp could not figure this out.  I was on the phone with one of them for more than an hour.  Two of them swore it was not my laptop causing the problem and one told me to try restoring it to a previous good date.  Not much help from them.  What you did worked for me.

HP Recommended

Removing and reinserting the battery worked for me. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I am so excited that removing and replacing the battery worked to get my usb ports working!!! 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  🙂

HP Recommended

Who the hell cares? Thats not helping a **bleep** thing. And why are you even here? lol!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.