Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectr x2 detacheble 12-A001TU
I work on it the night before and it was working perfect. It had 50% of battery when I turned it off. Today I tried to turn it on but it didn't. I tried to charge it but even if the charging indicator light is red it doesn't turn on. It seems to be dead. What can I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Anitamira,

-Could you please try removing the battery and the charger and Holding the power button for about a minute.

-Then connect once again the battery and the charger and try to turn on the computer.

-If that does not work, please try only with the charger and  remove the battery to see if there is a problem with the battery.

-Also check if when the computer turns on shows leds on the bloq mayusc button.

Please let me know if you have any question.

regards

I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Anitamira,

-Could you please try removing the battery and the charger and Holding the power button for about a minute.

-Then connect once again the battery and the charger and try to turn on the computer.

-If that does not work, please try only with the charger and  remove the battery to see if there is a problem with the battery.

-Also check if when the computer turns on shows leds on the bloq mayusc button.

Please let me know if you have any question.

regards

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hello,

Im sorry to hear your having this power up issue with your spectre x2

I was able to find the following link to hopefully resolve the power up situation .It also contains several links to additonal options you can use to troubleshoot.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Spectre-12-x2-PC-Series/8499276/model/9061109/document/c00259...

I hope this works for you

Have  a good day

Regards,

Jmartinezv 

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Anitamira,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

The following link may help you to fix your problem.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Spectre-12-a000-x2-Detachable-PC/8499276/model/9061111

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended
Thank you so much !!! I am extremely happy, it actually worked even though my spectre doesn't have removable battery. I tried holding the power button for one minute and then I connected the charger and tried to turn on the computer holding the power button for one minute again and it finally worked!!! Hopefully I it won't happen again.
HP Recommended

Your Very welcome Anitamira,

Happy to helped you 🙂

Have a great day.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.