Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Okay Paul.
My charger is coming, processor I will buy today, and ram I will buy for sure. I will think about Intel, and I hope I can buy it. Now my PC is lagging because of slow charger, so, I will wait for them all and put them all in right places Paul. After that I will give you respond, if there are some issues, or everything is perfect... And if I will have some questions, i will also write you.
What is about motherboard replace? Can I use newer one or I must to use same compaq motherboard?
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is the only motherboard you can use.

There is really no point in throwing a lot of good money after bad to upgrade such an outdated model.

You may as well just get a newer notebook.

None of the processors you found will work.

Here is the link to the nc6400 quickspecs...the only processors that can be installed in the nc6400 can be found on page 3.

http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/HP_nc6400_QuickSpecs.pdf

HP Recommended
Haha... Better is buying new PC haha, and I already did it, but still, if something happens... Then better something than nothing.
By the way thanks Paul. Problem solved! :3
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance..

HP Recommended
Yes, agree. Thanks!
HP Recommended

Oh, Paul, just forgot.

About motherboard. Well, as I checked HP Compaq 6910p motherboard is almoust the same, like HP Compaq nc6400... Also I think nc6000-6910p is almoust the same Motherboard, and everything is the same.Only functions of it is very different. This motherboard have Windows Vista as maximum, but 6910p have Windows 7 as maximum.

About something else....

Paul, what is going on? I forgot to tell you it... I hear strange noise, like, if you put in USB and then off... And that is many times. May I know if something is unplugged correctly? Or something is missing?

HP Recommended

Hi:

You may as well buy a used 6910p.

The motherboard may not fit in the nc6400 case because the 6910p has a firewire port, and the nc6400 doesn't.

I have both models.

As I wrote yesterday, I am not a PC repair tech by trade or training so unfortunately, I woudn't know why the USB ports are acting up on you.

HP Recommended
Hi:

No, I know that u are not Repair, but, I asked u if there might be some problems on it.

By the way, I will not buy hp 6910p. It is still compatible with size e.c., but, I know people who can just get that hole on pc with some instruments. I had same problem with also other PC.

Note: I never use fireport for PC's, like 2 other things behind compaq, so that is not a problem to get a hole on that think. He is also repairer.

Thanks!
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to answer your question.

It is way out of the realm of my experience.

The nc6400 has those little buttons on the panel above the keyboard that work the wireless, sound, etc.

The 6910p has an illuminated pressure sensitive strip that controls those things.

So, would the buttons work in the same way to activate those functions on the 6910p motherboard?

That I do not know. 

Are the cable connections going to the display the same? 

That I do not know.

The only thing I do know is that the power adapters are the same, and the batteries are the same.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.