Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14m-dh1003dx Convertible Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion x360-14m-dh1003dx convertible laptop connected to an HP 34f Curved Display monitor (WQHD) and I would like to purchase a compatible docking station.  My devices are currently connected via HDMI.

Note: my laptop does not have a DisplayPort 1.2 and the USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C and A ports are "Data Transfer Only."

Looking for a compatible station that can provide the needed DP 1.2, RJ-45 Ethernet and  other common display interfaces.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That one powers the laptop and you cannot use that feature so it likely is more money than you need to spend but it will work. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You are going to have to use a USB port replicator with DisplayLink. They are either USB-C or USB 3.0 and you can use an adapter to plug a usb 3.0 device into the USB-C port. DisplayLink means there is a chip inside the "dock" which translates USB data to a video signal. Windows 7 and higher have a native driver so it just works. A tad on the slow side so not good for gaming but works OK for internet and even video streaming. These are not true docks as they do not power the laptop or have an on-off switch. So you need your regular power supply. Also they generally do not put out to DP but to HDMI or DVI. 

Amazon.com: WAVLINK USB 3.0 and USB C Universal Laptop Docking Station Dual Monitor with HDMI & DVI/...

HDMI to DP generally does not work with these either you will just have to connect the monitor with HDMI. 

Post back with any more questions. 

HP Recommended

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for your response!

I have my laptop connected to the HP 34f Curved display monitor do you think that the WAVELINK 4k would be compatible with my set up?  

Amazon.com: WAVLINK USB C Docking Station Dual 4K Display with 60W Charging/PD for Windows Mac OS Sy...

Thanks a million!!

HP Recommended

That one powers the laptop and you cannot use that feature so it likely is more money than you need to spend but it will work. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Huffer and have a great weekend!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.