Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-Ac153sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

System Board (00A) - System Board CT Number (Missing or Invalid)

A few weeks ago my laptop started showing the System Board CT Number is missing or invalid message whenever the charger was plugged in. The laptop will no longer charge while turned on but it will charge fine when turned off. 

The funny thing if I remove the charger the CT number information is clearly present (It's also valid as confirmed by checking the motherboard) but when I plug in the charger the board CT number seems to change to "HP" and then I get the CT board error number. 

DBDMFIT (The tool for programming the information into the BIOS) shows that the number is both present and correct while on power and on battery. 

I have tried to contact HP but the website just takes me in an endless loop, I need someone from HP to contact me.

PS. (No parts have been changed, no damage has occurred, I have updated and recovered the BIOS) 

This is clearly an HP problem and judging from the forums it seems to be a common one. 

IMG_20210328_234016.jpg

IMG_20210328_234048.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Notebooks that are four to five years old and that are  also out of warranty are not so likely to get free motherboard replacements.

That is clearly not so much an HP problem.

Perhaps it is time for you to consider updating to a newer notebook, since you are at a time (about 4-5) years of ownership) that most people are in the marketplace looking.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I appreciate you taking the time to reply but in my entire life I have never heard such a silly answer 

1. I wasn't asking for a free repair (not that it's the motherboard it's a simple bios problem that only HP has the tools to fix)
2. Why would I upgrade because of a simple BIOS problem? That's like replacing your entire car because you got a flat tire.

[content removed]

HP Recommended

@ThomasHynes

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've got no private message from you. Also, why has my last comment been censored after I pointed out other people are having the same issues...

HP Recommended

Still no message from you...

HP Recommended

@ThomasHynes

I have sent you a private message again and let me know whether you have received it.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Nope every time I try and reply I just get

Authentication Failed.

• Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.
HP Recommended

@ThomasHynes

Refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.