Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-r006TU Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have HP 15-r006TU Notebook PC 💻 and I want to upgrade its memory.

It has two memory slots out of which 1 slot is occupied by 4GB RAM stick having following specs:

- hp - compac HP 2211 Motherboard

- Manufacturer : Samsung

- Memory Type: 4 GB - DDR3L

- Speed : 1600

- Voltage : SoDIMM 1.35V LOW VOLTAGE SINGLE RANK

- Part Number: M471B5173DB0-YK0

I want to add another 4gb ram stick to the 2nd empty slot. But I am not sure that can I buy that 4gb ram stick with same specs  from different manufacturer or not ?

Will it work finely? Having samsung company ram (which has  been provided with lapi) in one slot and another company  ram ( I am thinking to buy crucial ram) in 2nd slot but with same configuration and memory size creates any issue?

Please provide your help regarding that . And if possible please share all other things also, which I should keep in mind while buying and upgrading my laptop memory.

THANKS FOR HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Generally you can install a different brand memory chip as long as it meets the specs for your notebook.

The safest thing to do is to buy a compatible 4 GB memory chip recommended by Crucial.

Your notebook would use the same memory as this model (15-r005tu).

Crucial 4GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT51264BF160B | Crucial IN

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the memory removal and replacement procedure.

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502.pdf

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Generally you can install a different brand memory chip as long as it meets the specs for your notebook.

The safest thing to do is to buy a compatible 4 GB memory chip recommended by Crucial.

Your notebook would use the same memory as this model (15-r005tu).

Crucial 4GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT51264BF160B | Crucial IN

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the memory removal and replacement procedure.

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502.pdf

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul ,

Can u please tell me which ram will be compatible with my laptop from SK HYNIX Company . Because I have checked the prices sk hynix memory cards are cheaper than crucial ...so I want to buy that one.

And what do u think regarding which is better SK HYNIX or CRUCIAL ram ?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that question.

Perhaps you can contact SK Hynix and ask them if the memory part number you are interested in would be compatible with your notebook.

Contact | SK hynix

Crucial memory is made by Micron, a large memory chip and SSD manufacturer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.