Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

In the process of upgrading to Windows 7 from Vista.  I need to locate an updated version ofRealtek RTL8102E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet nic (NDIS6.0).  Can anyone hlep me?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can download the Windows 7 compatible driver from the following weblink:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78406.exe
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Please provide the Serial number or Product to provide the exact drivers to resolve the issue.

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Can you help me with the product details of your laptop ? I need the product number.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

@PJ31 wrote:

In the process of upgrading to Windows 7 from Vista.  I need to locate an updated version ofRealtek RTL8102E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet nic (NDIS6.0).  Can anyone hlep me?

Thank you

You can download the Windows 7 driver from Realtek here:  http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=7&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3

HP Recommended

You can download the Windows 7 compatible driver from the following weblink:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78406.exe
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion , model # dv6t-1200.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Model is Pavilion dv6t-1200.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thank you

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my query, I am upgrading from Vista to Windows 7 and need the updated/compatible version for Realtek.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.