Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have an HP Envy x360 13" 2022 (13 bf-0504na) with a broken key mechanism (the "butterfly" thing that lies behind the key itslelf) but I'm unable to find a valid replacement. 

Would it be possible to get a reference number, a part ID or something that helps me fix this?? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

There are online vendors who sell keys for many notebooks. They also have tutorials on key part replacements.

https://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/definitive-guide-to-fixing-a-broken-keyboard-key-and-mistakes-...

I have never done business with them but many others have.

HP only sells the complete keyboard for notebooks, not the tiny parts.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hey Erico,

THanks for the answer. I know there are businesses that sell you these parts, the thing is that every single one I've contacted don't have the pieces, or they ask me for a reference/part ID I don't have, and I would need HP to confirm me the part ID o reference number so I can get the exact piece. 

I've bought 2 different and none of them are compatible

HP Recommended

"I've bought 2 different and none of them are compatible" 

Two different what? 

Have you bought a key?

The butterfly mechanism is part of the key AFAIK.

I hope you don't end up having to purchase a keyboard.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I've bought 3 different key hinges  and none of them worked. I don't need they key, nor the rubber cap, I just need the hinge, that's it. But I don't care what to buy, the full set or what, as long has I HAVE THE HINGE

The part must have a reference number or a code to identify it. Come on, it can be that complicated, it's a HP ENVY X360 2-IN-1 LAPTOP 13 BF-0504NA, as stated in the back of the laptop. I assume HP has somewhere (it should by publicly available and at reach) a paper or something with the part reference so I can purchase it somewhere, from HP or from however

HP Recommended

HP does not sell the individual keys and mechanism.

HP sources notebook keyboards with a bid request for quote with specifications after a design for market has been finalized and approved.

HP decides who produces the best quality keyboard per the specifications and price and buys them bulk

That is a simplistic model of how it works.

HP sells keyboards specifically for, the notebook and region the notebook was sold in.

What you need is a replacement keyboard.

Making assumptions when you are dealing with electronic devices is just not, in my opinion,  a great idea.

You provided  HP ENVY X360 2-IN-1 LAPTOP 13 BF-0504NA as an identifier of your notebook.

That is not in the correct format, so I am unable to find information for your notebook through the traditional resources that I have available to me.

You can use system information when logged in to find the product SKU. That would be a better means of identifying your notebook.

Here is the HP PartSurfer link. 

Use your notebook's serial number to see if there is a keyboard listed for your notebook which matches yours.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.