Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an107na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my battery was at below optimal health and was in need of replacing and said as much everytime I booted it up. Last week I received my new battery for my Hp Omen off the duracelldirect store as it wasn't available with HP any longer. I opened up the laptop and swapped out the batteries earlier in the week. In the leaflet with the battery it stated I should allow two full charge discharge cycles before the battery settles with the pc. First time I turned it on the charge stated 55% and stayed at that. I took the charger out and let it drain and turned it back on at it sits at 0% and needs to remain in the charger. I take it there is likely a simple fix but I'm not well versed in hardware issues like this. I read and tried removing the battery and holding the power button for 30 seconds before putting the battery back in. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery but to no avail. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@SeanOR, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that you have an: OMEN By HP - 17-An107naand the battery charges till 0% and then stops. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

Did any software changes or updates happen on your laptop after which the battery stopped charging at 0%?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

NOTE: You may skip any steps that have been performed by you already.

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Now let us uninstall the battery drivers and reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• Open the device manager. 
  • Expand "Batteries". Right-click on the ACPI battery drivers and select uninstall. If there are multiple entries of the ACPI battery drivers then uninstall them all.
  • Close the device manager. Restart the laptop.
  • The Windows operating system will reinstall the battery drivers while restarting. 

It is a good idea to download and run a BIOS update for your laptop via this link. The charger must be connected until the BIOS update is complete to avoid any power interruptions due to the battery draining out. 

Post a successful BIOS update,  you may check if the battery charges fully. If not then please perform the steps as described in detail in this HP document. These steps help in testing and calibrating the battery. 

NOTE: Please skip the steps mentioned in "Test and calibrate the battery using HP Support Assistant".

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen, thanks for messaging me here and in private, in case you can't see the message I sent in response to your private message I'll send it here as well: 

Hi there, my issue hasn't been resolved yet unfortunately but I'm certainly marginally closer to understanding the issue. I believe the issue lies with the battery not being fully connected. I ran the newest version of HP Support Assistant's battery check for my Omen and it stated Battery status: No Battery which suggests it hasn't been connected properly although I followed a HP video tutorial on doing so. When I boot up the laptop it dies immediately and when I hit the power again a screen appears displaying this message:

"The CMOS checksum is invalid. The CMOS will be reset to the default configuration and will be rebooted. Please check your BIOS Setup options to see if they change.
CMOS Reset (502)
Enter - Reboot The System

For more info..."

After this I can boot it up and use it but the battery remains at 0%, any help to advance from this stage would be great thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen, this has utterly stumped me so I'm sending another message on here in hope that you see it but my entire private messaging option has disappearing from this site. The envelope logo used to be beside the notification bell and now it's gone and I can't hit send a message on your account either so I can no longer check your advice or see if HP has sent me any messages. 

HP Recommended

I've never had any luck with Duracell laptop batteries. Generally better off ordering one off Amazon with good reviews if the HP one is no longer available. 

Other things to check. 

No pins are bent on the motherboard battery connector.

The center pin on the charger is not bent, damaged, or missing. 

Also assuming your using the factory charger. 

HP Recommended

Hi Nick thanks for the response, I ordered off duracell as there wasn't any models of my battery in stock on amazon (see below)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-922977-855-original-Akku-connection/dp/B07GXR4ZJ7

That led me to these two options: 
https://www.thelaptoppowersupplyshop.co.uk/hp-omen-17-an107na-8-cell-laptop-battery-271903?gclid=Cj0...

https://www.duracelldirect.co.uk/laptop-notebook/hp/oem-pno/fm08--vwtchh.html?utm_source=google&utm_...

From this I decided duracell would likely be the better of the two options. I think I'm going to return the battery and get a new one, I'm thinking try duracell one more time then look elsewhere, what would you suggest?

HP Recommended

Check ebay? The usa amazon.com has a bunch of them in stock.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.