Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook x360 - 14c-ca0005tu
Chrome OS

I bought a new chromebook on December 2020 as i needed it for my studies and projects, everything was working very well, suddenly few days ago it turned off and was not even charging up, i was very much worried as i had my practical exams comming and had to submit some assignments too.

So i went to the hp service center and tbey said that there might a short at the power receiving area and it will cost 4500 to 5000Rs as the warranty  period had just ended. Today i called them again as it had been 4 5 days i gave it to them and was very much shocked as they said that it will be better if you buy a new laptop as the motherboard needs to be replaced and the short has reached there.

I really dont know what to do as i cant afford to buy a new laptop or to replace the motherboard as i had bought it from my savings and it has just been a year..

please guide me...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@Shrguj,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with the HP Chromebook Notebook. I apologize for the Inconvenience.  

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. HP provides repair or service options for out of warranty products as well. Hence I encourage you to contact HP support for all warranty service options.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:  

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.  

4) Select the country from the drop-down.  

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.  

6) Fill the web form and proceed further.  

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply,

I have contacted the Hp Service center over a week ago and they have been trying to find a motherboard for me since then as it is not available from their end, however they gave me an approximate estimation of 15K Rs of a new motherboard excluding the service cost so in total it would cost me around 20K Rs.

Which in not condition I am capable of paying so as I am a student and don't have a stong financial support.

Moreover it has been just a year of its use and I had used it very cautiously.I don't know what to do exactly as I can't afford to buy a new laptop now and it would be very difficult for me to manage this hefty cost to repair the present one.

HP Recommended

Hi@Shrguj,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

I apologize for the Inconvenience. 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.