Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy x360

I posted a question on 6/29/2020 in the morning and got a reply that afternoon from an HP Support Representative (with the orange logo, in a private email on this platform) asking for more information in order to help with a solution. I replied immediately and have not gotten any further communication despite two requests for an update. Have I been scammed? I would love to call and speak to a Representative, but cannot find a number to call. The automated chat also does not have an option to speak to a Representative. Many people are working from home and needing technical support; certainly this is a busy time. If my case cannot be resolved, can I at least get an update?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RGrems 

The time frame for a response can be slow - as you know, our methods are indirect, we are not HP Support.

Even having gained the attention of an agent does not speed the overall process - the lines are long.

Even so, I understand you are waiting to hear back.

I bumped the request.

• I have submitted a request that someone take a look.

Worth Noting

• Please know that our Community is not HP Technical Support.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.