Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15k011tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My notebook internal fan isn't spinning at high speed even while gaming.It seems it is running at a constant speed all the time.When I bought it,the fan speed used to vary time to time.Also facing lag issues while gaming.I think I am facing the issue after upgrading to windows 10.

My BIOS is up to date to the latest version.(F43)

Also using HP coolsense 2.2.Although there is no coolsense for windows 10 in hp support & driver website for my product.I am using the coolsense software given for windows 8.1

Can it be a BIOS issue?What sould I do?Is there any method to diagnose the fan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

These temperatures are not excessive. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi! @Utchas!

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand that fan on your laptop is not operating correctly.

Since you have already updated BIOS.

Possible Cases Of Laptop Fan Not Working Or Spinning correctly.

1. Incorrect Positioning of Fan.
2. Heavy Dust Accumulation.
3. Blowing Compressed Air Into Fan:
4. Motherboard Faults:
Sometimes it happens when the fan is in working condition but fails to operate due to minor motherboard faults like bad capacitors.

Please contact HP for service options: http://hp.care/2bkTGBQ

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is there a heat issue? I mean as long as the laptop is staying in operating range maybe nothing to worry about? Try speedfan:

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

This will give an actual temperature reading. My impression is that the fan still works and is blowing out hot air?

HP Recommended

fanspeed.jpg

Is it normal?It is the reading while I am not playing games.

HP Recommended

That is a bit high at idle but core temps under about 90C are not dangerous. I would like to see temp during gaming. That is going to to tell us if there is a problem. 

HP Recommended

That was not actually idle temperature.Multiple tasks were running other than game.

This may be considered as idle temperature.Although download was going: 

idle.jpg

And this is the reading while playing Batman Arkham Knight.A pretty high resolution game: 

BM AK T.jpg

And Thank you very much for your help.

HP Recommended

These temperatures are not excessive. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.