Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 R006tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my notebook battery is not charge upto 100% charge only upto 95% and i check battery and adapter by hp battery check and the software show the battery and adapter is ok and working fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @AnkitRajput - Greetings!

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help 🙂

I see that you are having trouble charging your HP notebook battery up to 100%. Appreciate all your troubleshooting efforts so far 🙂

Let's try the steps below to try and fix the issue:

• Click the bottom-left Start button on the desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
  • Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
  • Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Battery”  – Right-click and choose “uninstall” on all the entries.
  • Once all the entries are removed from the battery, restart your PC.

The PC will reinstall the drivers automatically once your restart the PC. Then try charging the laptop.

If the issue persists, go to http://hp.care/2cMZFxJ and perform the tests under “Testing and calibrating the battery using HP PC Diagnostics UEFI (preferred method)”. Make sure to do the test for both battery and the adapter.

If the test passes, perform a battery calibration as well as mentioned under “Manually Calibrating the battery” and check.

Thanks, I’ll watch for your reply!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, @AnkitRajput - Greetings!

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help 🙂

I see that you are having trouble charging your HP notebook battery up to 100%. Appreciate all your troubleshooting efforts so far 🙂

Let's try the steps below to try and fix the issue:

• Click the bottom-left Start button on the desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
  • Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
  • Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Battery”  – Right-click and choose “uninstall” on all the entries.
  • Once all the entries are removed from the battery, restart your PC.

The PC will reinstall the drivers automatically once your restart the PC. Then try charging the laptop.

If the issue persists, go to http://hp.care/2cMZFxJ and perform the tests under “Testing and calibrating the battery using HP PC Diagnostics UEFI (preferred method)”. Make sure to do the test for both battery and the adapter.

If the test passes, perform a battery calibration as well as mentioned under “Manually Calibrating the battery” and check.

Thanks, I’ll watch for your reply!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Thank you very much
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.