Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 13-u105nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

For the model in Subject, it's possible upgrade the  RAM? If yes, what is the max? Is also possible change the HDD to  SSD?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes but if you try to use an M.2 mSSD you would also have to buy mounting hardware. If you currently have a hard drive you can substitute an SSD like the one you linked without buying any additional hardware and the performance will be just about the same as an M.2 SATA mSSD. The one you linked is the Samsung 850 Pro, which is like the Holy Grail of SSDs. Very fast but very expensive. I have always opted for the consumer "Evo" version and have not been disappointed but I guess if I had money to burn I would get the Pro. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The memory is upgradeable to 16 gigs of DDR4-2133 in 2 slots or 2 x 8 gig.  It can take an M.2 mSSD drive, but only as an alternative to a regular 2.5 inch hard drive. There is a single bay and port and which drive you install depends on the adapter used.  HP has not yet posted a Manual for the 13-u100 series but the Manual for the 13-u000 series is available and shows access to the M.2 slot and memory.

Manual

See pages 42 and 56. Memory upgrade is particularly challenging as it requires removal of the motherboard. 

Post back with any questions. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response,

So, for the HDD, it's possible change with mssd drive or SSD?  For the SSD I thought about this: http://www.samsung.com/it/consumer/memory-storage/memory-storage/ssd/MZ-7KE2T0BW

Thank you

HP Recommended

Yes but if you try to use an M.2 mSSD you would also have to buy mounting hardware. If you currently have a hard drive you can substitute an SSD like the one you linked without buying any additional hardware and the performance will be just about the same as an M.2 SATA mSSD. The one you linked is the Samsung 850 Pro, which is like the Holy Grail of SSDs. Very fast but very expensive. I have always opted for the consumer "Evo" version and have not been disappointed but I guess if I had money to burn I would get the Pro. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.