Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 6OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an0xx530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought a "gaming class" OMEN 17-an0xx in 2017. Replacing an older HP 17" laptop which ran for about 7 years.  Honestly, bought this because my previous HP lasted longer than expected, but could not run new games.  Probably my last HP product.  I can not be on a 3 year replacement cycle for $1500 machines.

Had the stock battery fail after 3 years, "Blown Fuse" according to the diagnostics.  Of course there is NO official HP replacement battery on the parts store for this 3 year old laptop.

Since I had to go 3rd party for a replacement, looked for reputable supplier with good reviews and made a purchase. One charge cycle later, "Blown Fuse".  Before I drop any more money on batteries, I'm assuming the charging circuit is the problem.  But every article I've found with a quick search seems to disappear into private messages very quickly, almost like it's some secret.  Which part needs replaced?

The laptop has never thermally shut down, primarily used in a moderate climate - house is typically between 65 - 85 F.  It sits on an active chill pad 90% of the time, and the battery settings were for 80% charge.  I'm tempted to open the stock pack and scrape off the solder on the thermal pad (I've at least found articles showing how to do that, though the authors weakly recommend NOT doing it) and just reinstall it.

Right now it's a laptop form factor desktop machine, which is not why I bought it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CDWatters

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the battery.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

It looks like an issue with the charging board as you suspected. I recommend you contact support and they will assist you with the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.