Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 15-ce015dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is my third post since purchasing my laptop a month ago.

PRODUCT ---

Omen 15-ce015dx

SYSTEM---

Intel Cor i7 CPU @ 2.80 GHZ
8.0 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

My laptop froze 3x within the last 12 hours. Now, I figured out the way to not have to restart my computer...I just close my laptop for a couple seconds, then open back up from "sleep mode" and it works.

I am NOT running any autodesk 3d programs or gaming.

I am simply writing a term paper and it just freezes when im on Microsoft Word. No, im not using a bootleg verson of Microsoft whatsoever.

The first time it froze, it was the second day I acually purchased the laptop, and all I was running was chrome. geek sqaud informed me its becuase windows was trying to do a full update which probably caused the problem. 

This shouldn't be happening on a brand new laptop I spent $1200.....

What can I do to fix this? Please help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @femmed0ll,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is freezing randomly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2yCytKC

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an Omen 15-ax210nr that does the exact same thing. I purchased in Sep of 2018 and it locks up randomly as well without me ever having even played a game or done anything demanding. I suspect it’s either the video card or RAM. I’ve spent many hours on remote desktop with HP support trying to fix the issue. I did a factory reset, updated all drivers, dl’ed all windows updates. Nothing. Still same issue. Now they want me to send it to the service center but I travel outside of the country a lot and won’t have time. It will just be a $1200 paper weight. THIS IS JUST A BAD PRODUCT, DO NOT BUY OMEN LAPTOPS.

HP Recommended

Posted this in another topic about the same thing:

One thing which has been suggested elsewhere around t'Internet is to disable the Fast StartUp option. Find the Power Options window, click on "Choose what closing the lid does" and then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable". You can then uncheck the Fast StartUp option.

I had a Lenovo laptop with exactly the same problem, found that suggestion made by someone with an HP laptop, tried it on the Lenovo and from freezing once or twice a week I had two freezes in six months.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.