Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-ac0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does the Omen Accelerator support the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G ?

Because here i can just see this two:
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/omenaccelerator/overview.html

But i can't find the GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X
But I read from someone that it worked with this card. Has anyone else had this experience?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@moves99

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see you need help in upgrading the graphics cards, on HP Spectre X360 13-Ac0xxx  notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you. Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

To get the answer to this question, Yes! it is compatible (NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti & 1080)

Hope this helps!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Product: HP Spectre X360 13-ac034ng

S/N#[edit]

yes i konw that it works whit this two graphic cards NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti & 1080
But i have MSI GeForce® GTX 1080 Gaming X

HP Recommended

@moves99  

Thank you for posting back.

To get the answer to this question, that these are the graphics card which is tested on the PC, however, if you wish you can try it at your own discretion.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, I do not exchange anything with the notebook. My notebook is not suitable for gaming. That's why I want to buy the HP omen accelerator and there i want to install a graphics card. The question is whether this graphics card works
MSI GeForce® GTX 1080 Gaming X. I did not find this card in the list but I read that it worked for someone. I want a confirmation from you if that's true.

HP Recommended

@moves99

To get the answer to this question,  Yes! MSI geforce® gtx 1080 gaming x compatible. 

After reading your post, I did go through the Maintenance and Service guide of your product and found Intel HD Graphics 620 installed on the PC.  And, support HD Decode, DX12, and DP1.2

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Do you understand my question?

HP Recommended

@moves99

Thank you for posting back

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Just to confirm that you're wanting to know "does the Omen Accelerator support the MSI GeForce GTX"? Correct

The MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G graphics cards are the most advanced and powerful graphics cards which give you superior performance, and its compatible with the Omen Accelerator also support a number of different graphics cards.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

But why i can not find this graphic card on your homepage?

gaming-x.png

HP Recommended

@moves99

The reason it was not listed because this card was not tested on HP product as its a new release compare to HP omen Accelerator.

As I've mentioned earlier the MSI geforce® gtx 1080 gaming x compatible card and you can try it at your own discretion.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.