Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000 (2P6B3AV)

Hey hello, 

I have an HP-Pavilion gaming 15 laptop, i play games with my 8gb ram, but i would like to upgrade to 12gb or 16gb.

i know how to open and upgrade laptops and pc's , but my question was, if i open the backpanel and upgrade ram, will my warranty go lost then?

I hope someone responds soon.

Riyaad from the Netherlands

(sorry for the informal language, im not realy good at english)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since this is a peer-to-peer forum and we don't work for or represent HP, we cannot provide official advice to anyone regarding HP's warranty terms and conditions.

Off the record, HP only has the service manual for the older 15-ec0xxx model series, but it should be of help to you for opening up the notebook to upgrade the memory.

Your notebook can support up to 2 x 16 GB of DDR4-3200 memory.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop PC

These should be compatible 8 and 16 GB memory chips for your notebook:

Crucial 8GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT8G4SFRA32A | Crucial EU

Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT16G4SFRA32A | Crucial EU

If you look at chapter 5, it indicates that installing memory, hard drives and SSD's are customer-authorized procedures, so my assumption is that you wouldn't void the warranty unless you broke something in the process of doing the upgrades.

What we do know is that if your notebook ever needs warranty service, you will need to return it to its original hardware configuration before sending it for warranty service.

If you want official warranty guidance from HP, please contact HP customer service starting at the link below:

Contact opnemen met HP | HP® Nederland

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.