Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spetre 360 15' e-0065nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I received the HP Spectre 360 15' e-0065nr last week. The laptop and its adapter had overheating problem from the first day I use it. They were burning hot after 15'-20'. Especially the adapter, I couldn't even hold it with my bare hand. 

I searched for solutions on HP websites to reduce their heat. After all the failed attempts, I contacted HP customer service via chat. I tried to reach out to their returns team but then got automatically redirected to the sales team. The sales rep told me there will be a  15% restocking fee for the return. I didn't agree on that since I just purchased it and it was not my fault.

The sales rep then suggested me to talk to the tech support.

I worked with 2 technicians. The first one asked me to update Window system. We also checked on BIO version and made some changes on the laptop setting. He also ordered a new adapter for me. My laptop fan was pretty loud when I installed the updates. The tech rep confirmed that it was normal and it would stop after the installment. Our chat session was disconnected after I restarted the computer for the update.

After that, my laptop fan was still really loud. So I chatted with the 2nd tech rep. She told me that there is a hardware issue with my laptop. She suggested to put a service order or I can contact returns team for a replacement. I explained to her that I prefer a return but I didn't want to pay the 15% fee. She also agreed with me that I should not pay that fee.

I called returns team, waited for 2 hours and no one answered. So I tried the chat option again. It automatically transferred me to the sales team twice. I have to explain to them about my issue again each time. After reviewing notes from other chat sessions, they told me to contact returns team to discuss about the 15% fee.

I went to HP website and emailed the returns team for replacement or return. It said I will have a response within 24 hours. But I still got none. 

On the next day, I received the new adapter that the first tech rep ordered. After 15 minutes, it was burning hot again. My laptop fan was even louder. I guess it tried really hard to reduce the heat. 

I contacted tech team again via chat. The rep told me they can only place a service order. There is no option for replacement. She told me that I can return it. I explained to her that I paid for a brand new laptop. I just received it last week and had problem from the first day. I want a brand new laptop because I paid for one. I don't want a fixed laptop. She then suggested me to talk to sales team. Here we go again.

I called the returns department and waited for 1 hour this time. I am trying this last solution to raise my voice here. Please someone help me with this. I paid for a $2,000 laptop and had this experience. I also purchased HP Carepack (almost $250). I wonder if they were trying to sell me a bad laptop because I bought it for cheaper price from HP employee sponsored program (I work with Amazon.)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LL201, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks KUMAR0307 !

HP Recommended

Updates on my case:

I emailed HP returns team but the email got routed to sales team. They replied to me 2 days later and told me to call returns team.

So I asked my boss to have half day off because I knew  it would take hours to contact them. I called them right after they opened. This time it only took me 30' waiting. The representative has agreed to waive my 15% fee and started the return process. However, she said that since it is a large amount, it will be a more completed process and will take more time. I agreed to that. I placed another order for a laptop with different company. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.