Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Dv6 Pavilion A7M86EA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I love my HP laptop! I'd say you guys done a great job! Just I'm not sure if my temperatures are harmful  or not:

I bought this laptop 30th June 2014.. (1 yr old tomorrow and still loving it:smileywink:) But my temps seem to be a bit high.

Using Piriform's "Speccy", I have seen that my temperatures are as follows on idle:

CPU: 51 degress C

Motherboard: 52 degrees C

GPU: 49 degrees C

Storage: 40 degrees C

When I play games such as FIFA 15, my temperatures are as follows:

CPU: 89-94 degrees C

Motherboard: 89-96 degrees C

GPU: 92-96 degrees C

Storage: 48 degrees C (Not worried about that:smileywink:)

I am afraid to remove my keyboard to get to the fans to clean it out. What I have tried is: Use a hair dryer(cold air) on the vents (Removed some dust)

So what do you suggest I do?

Also, are my temperatures high, or am I exaggerting?

Thanks

Regards

Saahir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @saahir ,

Hey np with issues I understand you were upset. Here is a link to your manual page 66 for the keyboard. You might need to replace the heat sink paste on the Notebook page 84. Here is a Youtube video that shows you how to do that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Update: I have not overclocked any of my components :Wink:

HP Recommended

Another Update lol: I saw that after the hair dryer "experiment'', that there was a lot of dust around the vents. I then cleared the dust with a thin paintbrush and retried the hair dryer "experiment" once again.. I then went on into FIFA 15 using High or Max settings ( as I usually do) and after half an hour of playing, I decided to take a look at my tempertaures again..

They dropped to the following:

CPU: 81 degrees C

Motherboard: 82 degrees C

GPU: 84 degress C

Storage: 45 degrees C

My question still remains though, are thes tempertures safe?

HP Recommended

Temps have gone up again:smileyindifferent:

CPU: 92 degrees

Motherboard: 94 degrees

GPU: 94 degrees

My CPU is 18% used

My GPU is 100% used

Please help!

HP Recommended

Btw, I also can't buy compressed air

HP Recommended

Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

What a shame! You guys seem to make great notebooks, but your support team is useless! I'm honestly dissapointed.

HP Recommended

Hi @saahir,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv6-6c50ei Notebook and issues with overheating and possible fan issues. Here is a link on what could cause overheating and how to reducing heat inside the Notebook.

You could reset the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. Which has helped others as it restores the fans default settings.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for response. Sorry for my attitude yesterday. I was just a bit moody. :Wink: Sincere apologies. I'll have a look at your provided info now.

HP Recommended

Hi

I have done most your sugested fixes, but my temperatures are still as follows after playing FIFA 15:

CPU: 87 degrees C

Mobo: 88 degrees C

GPU: 90 degrees

Step 1: Removing dust and lint by cleaning vents

I can't buy compressed air at the moment due to the prices currently being quite high.

What I have tried a while back is: Using a hairdryer over the vens

I have learnt that my notebook's fans are under my keyboard (meaning that I have to remove the keyboard to access the fan)

I am afraid to remove my keyboard, but if you could advise as to how I should go about this process, it would be appreciated. :OpenSmile:

Step 2: Ensuring proper space for ventilation

Everything mentioned under this step seems good.

Step 3: Updating BIOS

I have updated the BIOS and I have reset it to defaults.

Step 4:  CoolSence Technology

Have always used it.

Step 5: Placing the notebook in a cooler room

My room temperature is roughly 15 degrees which I think should be safe.

Step 6: testing for hardware failure

My notebook passed.

So, maybe my fans need a good clean out. Please advise how to safely do this.

Another question that I have to ask is, the latest driver for my GPU was released 31 July 2014, according to the following link:http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv6-6c00-entertainment-notebook-pc-serie.... So, do you know whether AMD will release another update for this driver?

Thanks

Kind Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.