Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have recently updated and re-install windows 10 64bit from windows 10 32bit in order to increase the RAM Capacity above 4GB

Since then I have an hardware issue, one driver won't update/install and I can't find a driver anywhere.

It says unknown device - properties show it as a PCI Express Root Complex??

No drivers installed (Code 28)

The HARDWARE ID for MY DEVICE are as below...

ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_0004

ACPI\HPQ0004

*HPQ0004

Can anyone help Please...?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Its the driver for the hard drive protection accelerometer. There are no Windows 10 drivers for your specific notebook so we have to call on the master of obscure driver issues @Paul_Tikkanen  to see if he knows which driver you can use. 

HP Recommended

Hi, @mayankachha 

You need this driver for that device...for W8.1 but works on W10 as well...

4.2.9.1     Oct 30, 2013

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard protects the hard drive by "parking the heads" if the notebook is accidentally dropped or is abruptly impacted by another object.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

HP Recommended

Thank You.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Thank You Very Much.

It did solved my Issue.

Thanks & Regards.

S. Mayank Jain.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.