Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-ea0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to replace the port port on my Spectre 360 14-EA0023DX. Can you give me the part number? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

They should be able to do it for you. Maybe call them to see if indeed they will and if you have to leave it with them and for how long.

These are not easy soldering jobs, it requires high temp irons and experience doing these.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Looking at your Service Guide- http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c08207157.pdf  it appears the charging port is on the motherboard. There are people that sell replacement DC jacks that can be soldered on the board.

edit- Which port do you need, the DC jack for your AC adapter or the USB C port?

17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

The USB C connector for charging is on the motherboard and can't be replaced without soldering.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information and QUICK reply! I was hoping for a solution that does not require a new motherboard.  Do you think, if I purchased an item on ebay that is advertised as an USB Type c charging port for model 14-ea00023dx, that a place like ubreakifix would be able to soldered it successfully to the motherboard?  I don't feel I have the competence to solder anything.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

I need the USB C port.  Also, see my response to the next post.  THANKS for helping.

HP Recommended

They should be able to do it for you. Maybe call them to see if indeed they will and if you have to leave it with them and for how long.

These are not easy soldering jobs, it requires high temp irons and experience doing these.

17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

Thanks. I'll give a couple of repair places a call.  Since my previous experience with HP PCs has been uneventful regarding hardware issues, I purchased the HP Spectre 14-EA0023DX 18 months ago without extending the warranty - very bad decision on my part!!

HP Recommended

Do you (or anyone else reading this) know the part number or have the exact description of the port port that is soldered to the system board inside the spectre 14-EA0023DX?  I have a repair shop that is able to solder, but I should probably help locating the correct power port.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

"Which port do you need, the DC jack for your AC adapter or the USB C port?"

I need the USB C power port.   Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.