3 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Pavilion 14 ce series spare parts not available

Pavilion 14 ce0003nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I just bought a HP Pavilion 14 ce0003nf laptop.

This laptop comes with a 256G M.2 SSD and has got an empty space for a 2.5' SATA hard drive.

I have a hard drive that I want to install in that empty space.

So I went to the HP support site and had a look at the Maintenance and Service Guide

Here is the link : http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05974692

In that guide, it is mentionned I need spare parts to mount the additional hard drive.

It also gives the parts references :

Hard drive bracket : L19469-001
Hard drive cable : L19172-001

I looked on the HP spare parts site and was told that may be official HP parts resellers could help me.

After few calls to those resellers it appears that they are not able to get those parts either.

I know these parts exist since some of the Pavilion 14 cexxxx laptops series come with two hard drives installed...

So can somebody tell me how I can proceed to get a bracket and a cable ?
Please help !

Thank you !
Laurent
4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
35625 5303 9123
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Yes the HP factories have the parts but they have not been placed into the Parts Store or Partsurfer. You are not the only one having this issue and HP just has to put some of the parts into the supply chain which they have not.  

mickmail Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Thank you Huffer for that quick answer !

Do you know if this is normal and how much time it takes usually to get parts listed inside the HP store ?

Have a nice day !

Laurent

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
35625 5303 9123
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Its more frequent than I would like and generally indicates a popular model where they need all the parts being made to make new units...usually 30-90 days is enough time for parts to start appearing in the channel but every once in a while they do not. Even in such cases the parts start becoming available from resellers who cannibalize new laptops and sell off the parts which is very profitable. 

mickmail Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Thank you for that complete answer !

So now wait and see...

Best regards,

Laurent

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation