Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14 ce0003nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I just bought a HP Pavilion 14 ce0003nf laptop.

This laptop comes with a 256G M.2 SSD and has got an empty space for a 2.5' SATA hard drive.

I have a hard drive that I want to install in that empty space.

So I went to the HP support site and had a look at the Maintenance and Service Guide

Here is the link : http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05974692

In that guide, it is mentionned I need spare parts to mount the additional hard drive.

It also gives the parts references :

Hard drive bracket : L19469-001
Hard drive cable : L19172-001

I looked on the HP spare parts site and was told that may be official HP parts resellers could help me.

After few calls to those resellers it appears that they are not able to get those parts either.

I know these parts exist since some of the Pavilion 14 cexxxx laptops series come with two hard drives installed...

So can somebody tell me how I can proceed to get a bracket and a cable ?
Please help !

Thank you !
Laurent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Its more frequent than I would like and generally indicates a popular model where they need all the parts being made to make new units...usually 30-90 days is enough time for parts to start appearing in the channel but every once in a while they do not. Even in such cases the parts start becoming available from resellers who cannibalize new laptops and sell off the parts which is very profitable. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Yes the HP factories have the parts but they have not been placed into the Parts Store or Partsurfer. You are not the only one having this issue and HP just has to put some of the parts into the supply chain which they have not.  

HP Recommended

Thank you Huffer for that quick answer !

Do you know if this is normal and how much time it takes usually to get parts listed inside the HP store ?

Have a nice day !

Laurent

HP Recommended

Its more frequent than I would like and generally indicates a popular model where they need all the parts being made to make new units...usually 30-90 days is enough time for parts to start appearing in the channel but every once in a while they do not. Even in such cases the parts start becoming available from resellers who cannibalize new laptops and sell off the parts which is very profitable. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for that complete answer !

So now wait and see...

Best regards,

Laurent

HP Recommended

I am in the same boat and am wondering if you were able to find those parts yet?

HP Recommended

Hello Calvinaland,

No I was not able to get the parts and gave up quite soon...

What I did is I created a Windows installation USB key from the initial installation.

Then I replaced the 256Gb M.2 SSD by a 512Gb M.2 SSD that I partitionned in two.

That way I could install both Windows & Linux without the need of additional hardware or parts.

Best regards,

Laurent

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.