Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I've recently read a forum about the Pavilion screen popping out. I don't know who to contact so I figured I'd reach out here as well. I am currently starting my third year in Optometry school and class right now is all online. We have zoom meetings and tests all online. Being online that requires me needing a laptop. I bought this laptop after having a Mac for 5.5 years. This laptop was great until I recently went to rotate it into tablet mode and the screen popped out and cracked. I am fearing if I close it, it will make it worse. I've read that to fix it, it is just as much as getting another laptop. I'm a couple months past my warranty so I cant just get it fixed. I still pay rent for school, and I cant afford to buy another laptop, and I need one for school. The laptop is still functional except it is popping out, cracked, stays in this position, and the touch screen does not work. What are my options and what can I do about this? Buying an HP might not have the best option for me as they seem to break down in a year while the mac I used to have lasted me 5.5 years and is still currently in useLaptop front.jpgLaptop side .jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AndrewRouse13

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
HP Recommended

@AndrewRouse13

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue -- could you please share the Accepted Solution with me as well.

Thanks - B H

HP Recommended

Same thing happened to me. I opened it yesterday to put it into the tablet position and the bottom tab is out. This laptop is less than two years old, I purchased it in November 2018. I am a college student who is relying on this computer to get me through school and now I am left with a broken computer.  Can you please share the solution with me too? I can't afford a repair of hundreds of dollars for what seems to be a design flaw. Please help! I need my laptop fixed so I can attend class.

HP Recommended

Hi i am having the same problem as everyone else. i opened my screen to tablet mode and the bottom right corner of the screen has popped out! its getting worse and i cant afford to fix it or buy a new one.

By the sounds of how many people that are having the same problem, this seems to be a fault in the laptop and not in the user. Please let me know how you will solve this for me.

It is over warranty period 

HP Recommended

HP will not help! They will try to charge you $275 for the repairs. It's extremely sad they pretend this is not an issue and continue  to try to make money off people. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. Any idea how much HP charges in India for solving this? 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Please help

HP Recommended

Hi. I have had the exact same problem and it's going to cost way too much to repair. Going by the number of people that have the same problem, I believe that this is a manufacturing issue and we should have this repaired at your cost... Seems like you have made these faulty. 

How will you be helping me today? 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with the bottom of my  HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-cd0xx screen popping out out of nowhere. There were no drops or other points of sudden impact, I just used it in tablet mode a few times last week and this morning have noticed that it is protruding. Please share the Accepted Solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.