Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-1124el
Other

Greetings!

Is it possible to replace/fix the trackpad's left mouse button without replacing the whole palmrest cover?

I think I found the proper replacement part (see below) but it seems to be a little bit overkill to me to change the whole upper cover because of a broken button.

Link: hp dv6 1000 palmrest (however the part no. is different 531591-001 than in the manual 518109-001)

Yes I also found repair advice like this, but I'm searching for a replacement part.

Thank you in advance for your answer!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings!

Thank you for your time and effort to answer my question, I really appreciate it!

Yes, one of my first step was to check the manual, but didn't find what I searched for and unfortunately there is no result neither on HP.com nor HP store sites for my search with 518109-001 part ID ("Results for “518109-001” (0)"). By the way that part is only the top cover not what I am searching for. Thus as I understand I have to find a suitable part (eg.: what I linked before) somewhere on the internet.

I would like to help you as you helped me, so in the perspective of there is no solution to officially replace only the button part on that product, but the whole top cover this question post can marked as solved. So there you go. 😉

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ccs,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are in need of a support. Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you with this.

At the outset, you’ve researched the issue perfectly before posting the query on HP forums. Excellent job on that score. Kudos to you for that.

It is always a privilege to work with technically savvy customers. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. We value your relationship with HP and wish to serve you better.

I did go through the Maintenance and Service guide of your Pavilion notebook, and found that there is a list of touchpad which are compatible and tested on your HP notebook. 

You could purchase the part from HP, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: Click here & order it via the HP Parts store (Click here) or alternatively, Contact HP. For that matter you can also try to check through online retailer such as Amazon, eBay

the part number should be universal and easily available.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Greetings!

Thank you for your time and effort to answer my question, I really appreciate it!

Yes, one of my first step was to check the manual, but didn't find what I searched for and unfortunately there is no result neither on HP.com nor HP store sites for my search with 518109-001 part ID ("Results for “518109-001” (0)"). By the way that part is only the top cover not what I am searching for. Thus as I understand I have to find a suitable part (eg.: what I linked before) somewhere on the internet.

I would like to help you as you helped me, so in the perspective of there is no solution to officially replace only the button part on that product, but the whole top cover this question post can marked as solved. So there you go. 😉

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Good luck in getting a reply.

I've been trying for two months to get a "second-time-in thirteen-months"  broken left button on a HP Notepad 14.

They sometimes reply to private messages, but I'm getting NOWHERE.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.