Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
17-y013na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have had this HP Laptop (17-y013na) for only a year and a half. It is only used within the home for general usage and sits either on a desk or on my lap. It has never been dropped or received any bumps or dunts.

Yesterday when adjusting the tilt of the screen the plastic casing that holds the screen became detached at the right-hand side corner, next to the hinge. The screen was being tilted towards me and the back panel split from the front border around the screen up the side.

Surely this cannot be a result of regular use after this short amount of time? Any advice would be welcomed...

I have attached some images to illustrate better:

IMG_3948.JPGIMG_3951.JPGIMG_3954.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@benmacdonald,

Welcome to the HP support forums. I have reviewed the post. I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your forum private message box in the upper right corner of the screen.

Thanks and have a great day ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear @DavidSMP,

Thank you very much for your support with this. Hopefully I will be contacted by HP shortly to resolve the issue.

Kind regards

Ben

HP Recommended

My laptop is having the same issue. Nearly positive it’s the same laptop too and I’ve had mine the same amount of time and am very gentle. Not long after I got it the frame cracked and a key popped off. I sent it in for repairs after finally getting a decent representative who helped with the process. I’d been essentially accused of dropping it by one or more representatives after I said I hadn’t, which honestly was a bit rude and hurtful. This is my third HP laptop, my printers have all been HPs, I use HP photo paper...I’ve been loyal to the brand, but feel like it’s betrayed me.

Once I got my laptop back...I thought all was well, but within a week the frame cracked in the exact same place again. I decided I could just deal with the tiny cosmetic damage. A few weeks later the fan started making noises, I’d had no issues with it before I sent the laptop in. Now I’ve got this issue...honestly this laptop’s been a curse. I’m not inclined to contact support again though because I’ll likely be accused of lying about not dropping it again. Seriously considering getting Macs from here on out.

HP Recommended

@MadameRegal

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

i have same issue pelase help me with this

HP Recommended

@swati4

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.