Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

As recommended, I removed battery driver; shutdown, removed battery, disconnected adc adaptor, held power button down for 1 min. Didn't work. I have ordered a new ac adaptor and will try that.

Since it continue to say  "99% charged", I suspect the battery is actually being charged, but it's the indicator that's faulty.

HP Recommended

do we need to backup our laptop before proceeding?

moreover what does pressing the power button for a minute  do ?

HP Recommended

hello i have a same issue in hp omen.

what i must to do if the battery not removable 

help me thanks 

this problem usually into my laptop thankss 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello!

Were you ever able to resolve this issue? My HP Envy says it is not charging, but it has been charging. Do you know if there is a way to fix the indicator?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Please perform below shown steps to resolve the issue:

Step 01. Click on the Start Button

Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager

Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left

Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall

Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again

Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook

Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter

Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute

Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter

Step 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon

i need more details in step 7

When i done step 6 "remove the Battery out and unplug the Power Adapter"

Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute --> i Press  and hold power button for 1 minute (This step 7 No power adapter and batterry not Plugin ?  count 1 minute and put back the batterry ?

Thankyou

HP Recommended

My battery stopped charging after the latest update in Windows 10. The suggested solution worked like a charm! Thanks.

HP Recommended

Got the same issue after Win 10 update on HP Pavilion gaming, the solution helps only once before i shutting down my laptop. After every turnig on i have to delete battery driver and restart my laptop it not ok, do you have any ideas? Thanks.

HP Recommended

@13night,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is not getting charged correctly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.