Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have this error when I turn on laptop: Primary (internal) battery error "601". From software battery check I check battery and software say: this battery functioning correctly but it needs to be calibrated. But I can't calibrate battery. I think the error internal battery is the cmos battery on laptop, right ? What to do ? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is your main battery not the CMOS battery, or primary internal battery 601

Shutdown the laptop.

Remove main battery then boot.

🛑Do you receive the error message???

If Primary (internal) Battery (601) appears in the alert message, it means the measured storage capacity of the primary (internal) battery is less than 25% of the original storage capacity. The number “601” denotes the associated error code that is recorded in the system log.

They should change it to say MAIN battery.

⚠️ Here you can check more information about this error: HP Notebook PCs - Primary internal battery 601

REO

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

It is your main battery not the CMOS battery, or primary internal battery 601

Shutdown the laptop.

Remove main battery then boot.

🛑Do you receive the error message???

If Primary (internal) Battery (601) appears in the alert message, it means the measured storage capacity of the primary (internal) battery is less than 25% of the original storage capacity. The number “601” denotes the associated error code that is recorded in the system log.

They should change it to say MAIN battery.

⚠️ Here you can check more information about this error: HP Notebook PCs - Primary internal battery 601

REO

HP Recommended

When I shutdown laptop and remove main battery I don't receive error message. Why then battery check say: your battery is functioning correctly ?

HP Recommended

DJ.

I think it means that the battery is functioning but it does not tell you the storage capacity.

The 601 error means that the batteries capacity is less than 25%.

REO

HP Recommended

I don't know, when I type on google internal battery, pictures are cmos, external are main battery. Some pictures from battery check: 

1.jpg2.jpg

HP Recommended

DJ.

I am 100% positive that it is your main battery that is failing.

Look at Design Capacity 4400mAh and the Full charge Capacity is 896mAh.

That is 20% and 601 error is displayed when the batteries capacity goes under 25%.

When you removed the main battery and booted it did not display the 601 error.

REO

HP Recommended

Ok, thank you. How much cost battery for my laptop hp pavilion g6-1309em? My battery serial number is 11374 11/15/2011. On my battery is paper where it says, replace this battery with hp spare 593553-001. I'm from Serbia. Thank you.

HP Recommended

DJ.

Best to try Ebay.

This one should ship to Serbia.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spare-Battery-For-593553-001-HP-Compaq-Presario-CQ42-CQ57-CQ72-Laptop-6Cells...

You can try some others.

REO

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, if I bought this battery, how much should pay to Serbia ? $14.49 only ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.