Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

You would not believe me if I told you that the same thing happens to me with windows 7 ... But thanks for your efforts, I'll proceed to ask the same question in the microsoft forums ... maybe in the future i´ll ask the same question in this forum but from my windows 7.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If the same thing is happening on W7, then there is a 99% chance the onboard Intel GPU chip has overheated over time and has a hardware issue.

The only solution would be to replace the motherboard, which is probably not worth it unless you can get one real cheap.

HP Recommended

Now that's the answer I expected ... then if something is damaged is the motherboard, there is no possibility that the processor has the issue? and I can solve the problem by replacing the processor?

HP Recommended

The video is a chip separate from the processor so a bad video chip means replacing the motherboard. If the processor were bad it would likely not POST at all. Had you said this problem is evident in Windows 7 and 10 the diagnosis would have been easy as you happen to have a video chip known to have problems with Windows 10 but not Windows 7 so with that it had to be hardware not software. Sorry at the end there is no resolution for you.  

HP Recommended

It is extremely unlikely the processor is the problem.

While it is not a common occurance, it happens from time to time, and the symptoms you have described completely match a failing GPU.  This happens more often on notebooks with the Intel/AMD switchable graphics adapters where the hotter running AMD GPU is damaged over time from excessive heating.

The adapter will only work in basic graphics mode and any attempt to install the driver will not work.

My money is on the Intel GPU having overheated and failed.

HP Recommended

Thank you, you have been a lot of help for me... I better get a desktop computer and leave this laptop for office haha.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.