Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, just bought HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0xxx (the new model with long battery life) and I'm trying to setup windows hello.

Under fingerprint, I press Set up, then  Get Started.

Then I enter my pin number.

Then the following happens:

"Touch the finger print reader" appears on the screen.

I place my finger on the reader.

Great

Lift and touch again

Lift your finger and touch the sensor again

Sorry, something went wrong.

The fingerprint reader is disconnected. Reconnect it and try again.

Close.

Can't setup the finger print. There is a problem.

I tried to remove the driver and even downloaded a supposedly updated one for my model (from HP website), but it didn't help.

Under biometric devices, in the device manager I have:

Synaptics WBDI Fingerprint Reader - USB 102

port_#0009.Hub_#0001

Device status: This device is working properly.

I can set up the windows hello camera recognition (tried and it worked), but I want to setup the fingerprint.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I am also facing the same issue. unable to setup fingerprint

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear that you are facing the same issue. At the end, I've contacted HP support, and they've replaced the laptop, so I guess it was a hardware issue.

HP Recommended

I know this is not the answer you're looking for but I would not set-up the fingerprint reader.  I set-up mine without any issue but it only recognizes my fingerprint less than 10% of the time.  I deleted and re-scanned my fingerprints multiple times with no luck.  I would just go with the password or pin option.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.