Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
presario C700
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, i installed 2×2GB PC-6400S sodimm memory on my laptop and it doesn't work.When i put one of memory it works.Also i put the 1×2GB with an 1×1GB memory and it works again.Do you know what is the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Officially 2 gigs is the maximum memory on that model series but it will run 3 gigs OK. You are seeing a limit in the capabilty of the chipset and BIOS. It will not run 4 GB of memory. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

which model Presario C700 do you have?  https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/upgrades/hp---compaq/presario-c700-series

Also, when you have the 1×2GB with an 1×1GB memory configuration, does the bios read 3 GB?

HP Recommended

Officially 2 gigs is the maximum memory on that model series but it will run 3 gigs OK. You are seeing a limit in the capabilty of the chipset and BIOS. It will not run 4 GB of memory. 

HP Recommended

thanks for your reply 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.