Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just received my new Spectre 13 yesterday. But there are some problems and i'm wondering to what extend they are normal. My biggest problem is a strange noise coming from inside. Not really a coil whine. More like a crackling/popping/scratching noise. Almost like a old defective dvd drive or something like that. It's not the fans, i am sure of that at least. I googled the problem and searched the forums over here. Some people say that changing processor power management to 99% max could fix it. The problem is: i don't have that option... Also, there is additonal coil whine present while the spectre is in standby and the fans start up from time to time in standby...

Besides that problem there are others. A looser shift key on the right side, it's on now, but the feeling is weird and wrong. Not like other keys. Then there is a problem with the screen, well, actualy more than one. Some dead pixels and a weird thing where the whole image is distorded for a splitseconds an jumps back to normal.

Then there is da crooked hinge on the right side (maybe the cause of the display problems?)

I'm really disapointed becaus of those things. The Spectre would be an awesome machine, if it wasn't for that stuff... 

I would send it back, but it was on sale and i would pay 20% more now... And i have to go to the hospital for a few weeks due to vertebral fractures.The spectre was supposed to be my lifeline and entertainment for that period. I don't know what to do and i don't know if those problem are normal... Sorry for any broken english, it's not my first language.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I will ask a Moderator to escalate your issues with the new notebook.

Be aware that the issues as you have described them are not any that we can help you with. Direct contact with HP can resolve them under warranty.

Done! 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@MikeHill86

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.