Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Mine too - sounds like an aircraft spinning it's jet engines. This needs a fix, I don't understand how it passed QA.

HP Recommended

I own a probook 440 g6 (I5 , mx 130)

I have the same issue, the fan speed is never at the same rpm ( Always changing like a sinusoidal function) and almost Always on (even on idling). It is really annoying I hope they are going to fix that. I discovered on speedfan that it is when the acpi 2 value reach 40 c that the fan starts.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the fan! As soon as I connect the power supply, the fan starts running continuously. Even if I only open the notepad to make a small note, the fan starts to run. That is really annoying !! I have the notebook only since 2 months. Unfortunately I cannot give it back otherwise I would have done this.

But most of all I am disappointed that HP Support has not yet made any comments. Is the bug known at HP? Are they working on it? Can we expect that there will be a BIOS update later this year ? Is it at all possible to fix the error via a BIOS update?

Questions over questions but no answers ... @HP Support, please give us a short feedback !!

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem.  The fan will ramp up and down even when I have no applications open, or even when the lid is closed!

Is HP going to continue to ignore this problem??

HP Recommended

In hp probook 450 g6 model is worst. Laptop's fan starts working after shutdown

if you push shutdown button via windows, laptop is going shutdown, then fan begins to start. It's operating till battery is empty.

if you plug laptop after battery run out, then fan again begins to work

HP Recommended

I have the same model and having similar issues.

Came online to find a solution only to discover that I am not a lone and there is no solution either.

Worst is that even when the laptop is in sleep/do nothing mode, the fan starts itself after certain intervals. Terrible for the battery life.

HP Recommended

I'm just so pissed! No more HP !!!! Never again a notebook where the support does not answer !!!! An absolute disappointment!!

I was able to reduce the terrible regulation of the fan by using the freeware tool "Notebook fancontrol". With this tool you have full control over the fan and you can decide yourself from which CPU temperature the fan should start and with what percentage it should run. But still the fan was extremely loud.

Recently even a BIOS-Update was released. I had hoped that HP might have changed something on the fan, but there was nothing about it in the release notes.

HP seems to have problems with fan noise in general, because I got an Elitebook 820 G4 from my employer, where the fan sounds just like an airplane when you plug in the power cable.

I don't know about you guys but I also had the problem that the WLAN sometimes is interrupted. And the display was really dark! I was working at full brightness most of the time.

HP Recommended

Yeah.. I watched so many YT videos and tried different methods to keep my fan silent even only for basic web surfing and nothing works.. About full brightness, same for me but not such a big issue..

HP Recommended

Yeap, have the same... noisy fan. I'm really disgusted of HP laptops...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.