2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post

Probook 440 G6 - constant fan noise

HP Recommended
Probook 440 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there

When I decided to buy the Probook 440 G6 I didn't think to get into this Odyssee... First happy about my purchase, I quickly got irritated by the loud fan noises, even at very low CPU workload. In my opionion, this is a clear no-go for a laptop in this price segment. I then downloaded all available updates (including BIOS, which I learned about in other threads) and played around with the Energy settings , still it didn't help. I then went to the store to exchange the notebook for a second one and couldn't belive to face the same Problems. I tried the measures I just mentioned all over again. Today it's already the third (!) notebook that I test and yet again, the fan is constantly noisy and at high pace.

Before I return this ultimate laptop to the store and claim my money back I just want to know: Am I the only one? Do others face the same issues with this laptop model (or just don't care as much as I do about the noise) ?
And @HP: Are you aware of the problem and is there any chance, that it will be resolved in the near future via an update?

Sorry about my offensive thread, but I am really fed up with this.

Cheers, Nico

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue on three brand new Probook 440 G6 laptops.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SAME HERE. After 3 laptop same model, install, réinstall, update.....the fan is still noisy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bang the head of HP technical team with the same laptop,

than only they will consider this as a manufacturing defect... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 1
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same here... Could somebody from HP comment on this thread so I know, if I should keep or return the laptop... Thank you

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I guess that I have a solution. You need to update BIOS by going to the support.hp.com and installing the latest BIOS update. I did it and it seems that the problem is solved. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

False.

I did it and after i have to rollback because the sound was more noisy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 1
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updated BIOS + all drivers and the problem is still there...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

I'm facing with completely the same problem. I've already written about it in different thread here. It looks like there is no solution for now. I have model with hybrid graphics and I decided to disable discrete card in order to decrease heating of the system. But it didn't help. All bios updates have been applied with no luck. So I decided to live with this issue for now.

I hope it will be fixed in next bios update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have same problem.

BIOS and all drivers is updated.

This problem may be solved with program HP FanControl 0.62 - https://thinkwiki.de/TPFanControl

Need to set "Smart mode" in program.

But this solution not from HP.

I will be wait when this problem will solved with HP support.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation