Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion G6 2006sq
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello ,

I upgraded some time ago to a intel i3-2350m processor.

According to the manual the highest i can go is Intel Core i5-2450M

I found some post regarding an processor upgrade for another pavilion g6 laptop where upgrading to a highe processor i7-3632QM.

Since the motherboard is identical (Model 1840 (u3e1) bios revision f.26 ) , will this upgrade work for me also ?

Thank you !

Alex

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @Xsander,

I understand you're looking to upgrade your processor. I've looked into the specs. The processors that are supported by your notebook are:

Intel Core i5-2450M 2.50 GHz (SC turbo up to 3.10 GHz) processor (1333 MHz/3.0 MB L3 cache, dual core, 35 W) 676359-001

Intel Core i3-2350M 2.30 GHz processor (1333 MHz/3.0 MB L3 cache, dual core, 35 W) 653340-001

Intel Core i3-2330M 2.20 GHz processor (1333 MHz/3.0 MB L3 cache, dual core, 35 W) 653339-001

Intel Pentium B960 2.20 GHz processor (1333 MHz/2.0 MB L3 cache, dual core, 35 W) 664662-001

You can find this information on page 74 of your Service Manual.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.