Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP HS04 Notebook Battery
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a HP HSO4 Notebook Battery from amazon. It's product number was- M2Q95AA#AC3. I checked its warranty status at "support.hp.com" and its warranty status was displayed just as advertised. But as I tried to add the device to my hp support assistant using the product id and serial number it says " the device could not be found with the given product and serial number". Same thing happened when I tried to identify my product for the manual and product information at "support.hp.com" by using the product number and the serial number. Why is this ? Should I be worried about the authenticity of the product even though its warranty was displayed ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Siddharth11235 

Quick and easy: Use HPSA and add new device/machine when all of them are on the same network. HPSA will find each other and add the new one for you.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I will try that thanks. What I am curious about right now is whether the product is an authentic hp product. But since the warranty was displayed on the support.hp.com on entering the serial number of the battery, I shouldn't be worried about it right ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.