Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@JCBond

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

My notebook is already at version F.42.  Was installed last summer.  The BIOS info in Windows System Information reads:

American Megatrends Inc. F.42, 6/22/2020

Washerwoman_0-1610899928694.png

The install sequence was:

Washerwoman_1-1610900089490.png

Washerwoman_2-1610900154918.png

The Update button is disabled.

Washerwoman_3-1610900194031.png

HP Recommended

Because this model officially went out of support as of the end of December. The only support options available are the community forums. No other HP support options are available.

HP Recommended

@JCBond,

Please I request You to Wait for the solution. I need to check with the Back end Team.

I Will Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I belive this is likely a Coding issue with the update. If the laptop were mine and I felt I truly needed the BIOS update because of some specific function it is said to remedy, I would do it either from UEFI or with a usb stick. There is no serious chance of bricking the laptop although that is easy for me to say about your laptop. 

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem to update the Bios. 

Think there is some wrong with the bios file. (Fault programming or wrong file). 

Hope HP can make a new bios file.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.