Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop 16-k0000 (594K2AV)

I recently bought this laptop and want to Upgrade the RAM from 16 GB to 32 GB. After checking the specification, I have decided to buy this ram Crucial RAM 16GB DDR5 4800MHz CL40 Laptop Memory CT16G48C40S5 . I have two question

1. Is this ram supported by my laptop?

2. If I want to upgrade my laptop myself, will that void the warranty? Considering I am experienced in laptop upgrades.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the Crucial memory report for your notebook, this is the 16 GB memory chip they say is compatible:

Crucial 16GB DDR5-4800 SODIMM | CT16G48C40S5 | Crucial.com

Regarding the warranty...

This is a peer-to-peer forum.

We do not work for or represent HP, so we are not able to provide official warranty guidance on HP's behalf.

I recommend you contact HP support for an official response.

Contact HP | HP® India

Off the record, below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

According to chapter 5 of the manual, upgrading memory or the SSD is a customer-authorized procedure, so I would think that you can do the work yourself without voiding the warranty unless you break something in the process.

I do know that if your notebook does need warranty service, you will need to return it to its original hardware configuration before sending it in for any warranty repairs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the Crucial memory report for your notebook, this is the 16 GB memory chip they say is compatible:

Crucial 16GB DDR5-4800 SODIMM | CT16G48C40S5 | Crucial.com

Regarding the warranty...

This is a peer-to-peer forum.

We do not work for or represent HP, so we are not able to provide official warranty guidance on HP's behalf.

I recommend you contact HP support for an official response.

Contact HP | HP® India

Off the record, below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

According to chapter 5 of the manual, upgrading memory or the SSD is a customer-authorized procedure, so I would think that you can do the work yourself without voiding the warranty unless you break something in the process.

I do know that if your notebook does need warranty service, you will need to return it to its original hardware configuration before sending it in for any warranty repairs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.