cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
22 13 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

RAM Inquiry

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

how much RAM does HP Notebook 14-cm0104au support? according to task mgr, it displays 1 of 2 slots, so does that means that it has 2 slots and would it be beneficial if I use those 2 slots?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
22 13 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just recently bought my laptop and it's kinda slow in booting up. It went to a certain time where I had to do a hard reboot 'coz everything just froze. I check the RAM and even though it just boot up, the RAM is almost consumed up. Does anyone know what to do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,299 86,176 10,956 23,541
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jugikz 

Your machine has  AMD Ryzen™ 3 2200U (2.5 GHz base frequency, up to 3.4 GHz burst frequency, 1 MB cache, 2 cores) CPU/Processor therefore it has

Two memory module slots (Ryzen, A9 processors)
Memory is non-customer accessible/non-upgradeable
DDR4-2400 dual channel support (Ryzen processors)
Supports up to 16 GB of system RAM in the following configurations:
● 16384 MB (8192 MB×2)
● 12288 MB (8192 MB×1 + 4096 MB×1)
● 8192 MB (8192 MB×1 or 4096 MB×2)
● 4096 MB (4096 MB×1)

(From page 2 of the manual).

The simplest and cheapest way is to add 1 more 4GB stick to slot 2 using part #  862397-855

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Highlighted
Author
Level 2
22 13 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

okay. thanks. i'll check the part number. it's hard to find any tutorials for this laptop in youtube though 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation