05-22-2020 03:58 PM
Hello to everyone!
I'm new to the HP community. I would like to upgrade my RAM memory and I couldn't find any more info about the motherboard I have, and even less info about the details of the current RAM I have. So I need your help to find out if suggested memories would work with following configuration:
Microprocessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz
Motherboard: HP 832B 23.70
RAM (Current): Samsung M471A5244BB0-CRC; 4GB SDRAM (it seems like it's 2400MHz, but it's running on 2133MHz); 260-PIN Synchronous, Unregistered, Unbuffered;1Rx16; PC4-2400T-SC0-11
Found 2 types of this RAM:
1. 512M x64 4GB M471A5244BB0 CRC A (1Rx16) 512M x16 * 8pcs 8Gb B-die 16 1 78ball FBGA 30mm MP
2. 512M x64 4GB M471A5244BB0 CRC C (1Rx16) 256M x16 * 4pcs 8Gb B-die 8 1 96ball FBGA 30mm EOL '19 1Q
No idea which one is the one I have. Further, I'm not sure, but I think it says that latency is 17-17-17.
Since I've opened up my notebook, I've confirmed that motherboard has 2 RAM slots, my idea is to upgrade my configuration by changing the current RAM with two 8 GB chips. I've also heard that this motherboard has a 2400 MHz to 2133 MHz bridge, so I've included the chips running on 2400 MHz below. On the other hand, same sources have listed that the maximum RAM capacity for this notebook is 8 GB, and dmidecode CLI tool output is giving me 32 GB maximum RAM capacity, so I'm confused. Could you please tell which one of these would work with the configuration I've described:
1. KINGSTON KVR24S17S8/8 - https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR24S17S8_8.pdf
2. KINGSTON KVR24S17D8/8 - ValueRAM - https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR24S17D8_8.pdf
3. HYPER X (KINGSTON) HX424S14IB2/8 - https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX424S14IB2_8.pdf
4. HYPER X (KINGSTON) HX424S14IB/8 - https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX424S14IB_8.pdf
5. KINGSTON KVR21S15S8/8 - ValueRAM - https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR21S15S8_8.pdf
6. KINGSTON KVR21S15D8/8 - https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR21S15D8_8.pdf
7 KINGSTON KCP424SS8/8 - https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?partId=KCP424SS8%2F8
Thanks in advance,
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-22-2020 06:01 PM
Your machine has a Core processor. The best upgrade is to use Samsung RAM or guaranteed compatible RAM
No need to buy directly from Crucial. Its products are around all good computer shops..
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
05-22-2020 06:11 PM
Thanks for your response.
I understand your suggestion, however, it's not working for me. Samsung and Crucial chips are not well distributed on my local market and ordering it online will have large import fees as a consequence. That's why I wrote the list of chips that I have available on my local market.
I'll try being more thorough in search of the local market, but I'm afraid I won't find any compatible Samsung or Crucial chips.
05-22-2020 06:30 PM
Using the Kingston memory configurator at the link below, the last Kingston chip you listed is reported as compatible.
8GB Module - DDR4 2400MHz
- Part Number: KCP424SS8/8
- Specs: DDR4, 2400MHz, Non-ECC, CL17, X8, 1.2V, Unbuffered, SODIMM, 260-pin