Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs1032TX

Hi !,

i'm looking on to upgrade my laptop HP Pavilion 15-cs1032TX (Windows 10 - 64bit)

1x8GB DDR4 2666 RAM to

32GB DDR4 3400 (2x16gb)  rams

and the 1TB HDD ROM Storage to

4TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 5.0x4

1. Is it possible to upgrade in this way?

2. Are they compatible with the laptop?

3. What would be the optimum compatible combination of upgrading the RAM and ROM?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Could you please give me some support in resolving this matter;

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/RAM-amp-ROM-upgrade/m-p/887796...

Thnx in advance!!!

HP Recommended

@isuranga,

Welcome to our HP Community Forum!

Look, your HP Pavilion 15-cs1032tx (5JL27PA) is an older, 'legacy' HP laptop with an 8th gen Intel processor.  According to: HP Pavilion 15-cs1032tx Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support, the maximum RAM speed your laptop can achieve is 2400 MHz. Your 8GB 2666 MHz RAM stick is down throttled to 2400 MHz.

You can upgrade your laptop with up to 2 x 16GB of DDR4 PC4-19200, 2400 MHz, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, SODIMM, 260-pin RAM sticks, see: HP - Compaq Pavilion 15-cs1032tx | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com. I would not recommend installing any RAM ranked higher than 3200 MHz -which will down throttle to 2400 MHz anyway.

You can upgrade your laptop with a 4TB gen3.0 x4 M.2 NVMe SSD, any newer generation M.2 drives (4th & 5th gen) will run at 3rd gen I/O speeds and wouldn't justify the extra expense.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

👍great.

Thank you!

What i wonder is why HP installed 2666Mhz DDR4 in the place of port/socket/Slot supports only up to 2400Mhz. It was a Samsung DDR4 originally came inside with this Laptop.

So is it for any good reason they have installed it like this? Are they any sort of backward compatible like PCIe slots do?

With that in mind, I'm thinking of buying 2x16gb 2666MHz DDR4 RAMs, thinking it would have an advantage in performance...

I want to make sure installing 2x 2666MHz ,  PC4>higher than 19200 won't get me into trouble destroying other peripherals in the Laptop or any harm or degradation in performance...

Any idea about it?

HP Recommended

@isuranga,

You are welcome.  Yes, for RAM upgrading purposes, I would also pick 2 x 16GB of 2666 MHz RAM. Why would HP install a 2666 MHz RAM stick in a 2400 MHz system -at least according  to the specs? Excellent question, and who knows.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.