Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd1xxx (13F19EA#ACB)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I see that this notebook bundled with 2 x 8 GB Samsung RAM (SO-DIMM DDR4-3200 single-ranked).

I want to do some upgrades:

- increase RAM to 32 GB (2x16)

- add extra SSD

Questions:

- Does it matter single-ranked or dual-ranked RAM stick? I can buy two 16 GB sticks with same speed/timings, but they are dual-ranked (found this one - https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct16g4sfd832a)
- Does this device contain extra space to add 2.5" or M.2 SSD? If it contain extra M.2, what type supported (physical size of the card)?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@VadymStepanov

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, After reading your post, I did go through the Maintenance and Service Guide of your product and found that your computer supports up to 32 GB maximum system memory and 2TB hard drive. Refer to Table 1-1 Product components and their descriptions.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@VadymStepanov

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, After reading your post, I did go through the Maintenance and Service Guide of your product and found that your computer supports up to 32 GB maximum system memory and 2TB hard drive. Refer to Table 1-1 Product components and their descriptions.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

Thank you for reply and for link to guide.

One more question - can I install SSD to 2.5" slot instead of HDD? It is not clear from guide as they mention configurations with M.2 SSD and old-school hard drives together.

AFAIK, this should not be a problem.

HP Recommended

@VadymStepanov

Thank you for posting back.

To get the answer to this question, you could change the configuration at your own discretion. 
As they are not tested by HP and may not be accurate. If anything goes wrong while installing the drive you can always re-install the original drive back. 

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

Thank you for your answers. I will try to do an upgrade and see what happens.

HP Recommended

@VadymStepanov

Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @ all,

my question is how to remove the bottom cover of the HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17 cd15... I have downloaded the Maintenance and Service Guide for my notebook and have removed the eight M2.0 Philips screws as described on page 28 but I was not successful with the procedure in pulling the bottom cover off the computer as described on page 29. What am I doing wrong? Yesterday I contacted therefore the HP support here in Germany via phone and the friendly guy in the line finally told me that he is very sorry but he cannot help me, I should contact an expert for this problem! By the way he also told me he would not recommend to do any modifications at my notebook during  the 12 months of warranty because in case of a need to repair the warranty is void! A few days before I have already looked in youtube for a video but I didn't find one showing this model how to be unscrewed!

I hope that someone here in the community can help me! Thank you very much in anticipation!

Kind regards,

LadyMary1

HP Recommended

@VadymStepanov

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

Hi Echo_Lake,

I suggest you are an expert and may be you can help me to solve my problem how to remove the bottom cover of my HP Pavilion 17-cd1xxx from the computer?

Kind regards,

Mary

HP Recommended

@LadyMary1

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.