Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14q-cs0009tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade RAM and was wondering if you could share the RAM specs. I already know it's a 2133Mhz, 4GB DDR4 RAM that is installed in my laptop which has Core i3 - 7th Gen, 1TB 5400 HDD.

What I dont know is,

• What is the latency and CLIP of the installed RAM. If I want to upgrade which RAM should I be buying? 
  • How much RAM can I upgrade to?
  • Is there any impact on the warranty?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Tvirus

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

Memory is non-customer accessible/non-upgradeable

You can upgrade up to 8 GB of system RAM in the following conƭgurations_:

● 8192 MB (8192 MB×1)

● 4096 MB (4096 MB×1)

Use this link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06146800 for Maintenance and Service Guide

Refer to Page 2 Chapter 1 Product description

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Minor corrections. Its a 7th gen i3 processor so has 2 slots and max memory is 16 gigs (2 x 😎 per the Manual and, in reality, can take up to 2 x 16 = 32 gigs but that is a lot of money to spend on an upgrade and likely will be no better than 2 x 8 for most computing tasks. 

The link to the Manual posted by @Raj1788 is correct. Start on p. 30 for "how to" on memory upgrade. 

RAM slots circledRAM slots circled

Uses DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Single-PC4-19200-SODIMM-260-Pin/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=...

The 7th gen processor runs the 2400 mhz memory at 2133 mhz. You can do this upgrade without impacting warrantry as long as no damage is done in the process.

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if it is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Hi Team,

I need to upgrade my lap ram which one will perform well

HP Recommended

Hello there!

What about SSD compatibility?

How much SSD I can install and how much should be enough for that i3 7th gen?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have installed Crucial 8GB DDR4 - 2400 SODIMM and its working fine till now.

Go for it....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.