Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360 - 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a repost of my previous request which feels totally useless, since I have several devices from this series that I run them almost 100% on charger 100% of the time and they are all nearing or passed the warranty period without getting this feature, which I think is the point after all so I have to shell out almost half the cost of a new laptop to replace the batteries for these devices, any way here goes nothing...

A simple feature request. HP , 2019 HP Spectre x360, and most, if not all, HP Business laptops come with a battery charging limiting feature (to influentially halt charging at 80% to prolong battery longevity), to stop excessive charging to 100%, when the laptop is mostly used on AC power. This HP feature is called the "Battery Health Manager" or "Battery Care Function":

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01297640

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-care-function-in-BIOS/...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Configuring-battery-charging-limit-to-desired-value-7...

The benefits of this are clearly explained here (and that's why HP offers it on many of their laptops): it can greatly extend the longevity of the non-user-replaceable battery  (the battery can always hold a full charge for longer). 

The current latest late 2019 HP Envy x360 13 (w/ AMD Ryzen 3/5/7) does not have this "Battery Health Manager" nor "Battery Care Function" feature. Why was this critical feature omitted and can future BIOS updates please include this feature? It would really round out a very good laptop to make it even better. 

This post is about limiting the charge intentionally to prolong battery HEALTH (not battery life). 

Ideally, you can forward this request to the HP development/engineering teams who can consider this for an upcoming UEFI/BIOS or HP software update.

The "Battery Care Function" or the "Battery Health Manager" that HP has allowed on OTHER HP laptops, but not on the late 2019 HP Spectre x360. We would like to request that feature be developed for this laptop.  This is a feature request, not a bug report or technical failure.

c06466017.gifi6j0mVm.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Mada22009 Can't agree more, we've done our part,

And will have to wait for the R&D team to consider this suggestion.

Let's hope for the best, and I wish you good luck ahead.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Mada22009 We appreciate the efforts you've put into this suggestion, and I've forwarded the details to the R&D team, although, there's no saying when the same would be worked on or even if they would consider it, changing such options do take a lot of time as I'm sure you already know.

That said, Its been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day!

Do let us know if you have any other bright ideas and I'll be happy to share that with the concerned team, thank you!

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

appreciate the reply and really hope this feature get included even on upcoming devices, after all especially with the times we are going through laptops are being used as desktops more and more and I believe such a feature would be beneficial even from an environmental stand point 

HP Recommended

@Mada22009 Can't agree more, we've done our part,

And will have to wait for the R&D team to consider this suggestion.

Let's hope for the best, and I wish you good luck ahead.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What can the users do to signal that we really need this feature and will not buy this laptop, if it doesn't have it (and will *NOT* opt for any other HP).

I got Envy 15 x360 and I am sad to return it because of this, because I really like it otherwise.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.