01-25-2020 04:37 PM
i have just bought a new hp omen laptop with rtx 2070. after using 6 days the system updated its bios and now there is no rtx 2070 in device manager. i tried to download from nvidia but that driver installation program gave error and said "there is not any nvidia graphic cards in this laptop". i am very disappointed after this message. i cant use my laptop effectively because of lack of gpu/#.
01-28-2020 11:58 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: ( do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating )
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee