Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello. 

the memory card came today, i installed it and it doesnt recognizing it. Did i miss something? 

thank you.

EDIT: It works now. The clamps were super tight and the memory card wasnt all the way in. Thank you for helping me. Have a great year everyone🙏🏻

HP Recommended

Was this easy to do as I have a similar situation and would like to upgrade my 8GB max (2 slots of 4) - Product 4AN69EA#ABU

Screenshot 2021-01-28 135632.png

HP Recommended

Hello,

Yes, it was super easy. Just be careful not to damage the clamps when you install it. 

HP Recommended

Yes. It was very easy. Just make sure you use a plastic tool to unsnap your laptop case after taking the screws out (see the manual referenced by Huffer in post 2 of this thread) otherwise you risk shorting something out or scratching the case. I found a plastic key tag worked just fine; thin enough to fit the gap without stressing the plastic and strong enough to do the job without bending.

Otherwise, just don't touch the business end of the RAM and remember it goes in at an angle before pressing it flat. Don't force anything.

Really is very straight forward.

Edit: I see you have asked this on another thread. Follow that manual that was referenced there. Still easy, though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.