Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15g-br104tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Eveyone,

i have few Question regrading Ram upgrade and SDD Upgrade for my i5 8thGen Laptop ,

Hope this below Detail helps

Microprocessor :- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz

1st Question:-

I have 8gb ram (8GB SK Hynix 2400MHz ddr4 ram)  ,now I wanted add another 8gb .

is it ok to buy 8gb 2400Mhz ddr4 ram of other brand like crucial , Hyper x or   AData etc  or do I have buy same brand ram as Hynix .

2nd Question:-

If im buying 16gb memory kit of 2400Mhz ddr4 ram which brand to buy for my Laptop (HP Notebook - 15g-br104tx) .

3rd Question:-

this is regrading upgrading SDD ,  I have 1Tb Hard disk( ST1000LM035-1RK172 - 931.51 GB)  in my Laptop ,what If I want replace Hard disk with 1TB SDD then which brand to buy?

4th Question:-

If I want to have both Hard disk and SDD on my Laptop , does my Laptop have M.2 Slot for it ,  if Yes is it M.2 Sata or M.2 Nvme Slot ? and Which Brand SDD to Buy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Yash_Kb

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, you can choose either one of the options.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Yash_Kb

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to upgrade the RAM and install an SSD on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I checked the specifications of your computer and see that the maximum supported memory on your computer is 16GB and you can add another 8GB RAM of any brand on the computer.

There is an M.2 SATA port available on your computer and you can install an SSD on the computer of your choice.

Refer to the below service guide for your computer for detailed information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

do I have to buy 500gb or 1TB SDD?

which M.2 Sata to buy? do I have buy 2.5 inch SSD or M.2 type 2280?

1.    WD M.2 Type 2280  or  Crucial M.2 type 2280 

2.    WD 2.5 inch SDD  or Seagate Maxtor 2.5 inch SDD .

@The_Fossette I really want any Brand recommendation to buy 16gb Ram(Dual Channel)  and SDD of 500gb or 1TB which is supported by my laptop.

HP Recommended

@Yash_Kb

As informed earlier you can buy any brand SSD. I recommend you purchase the HP SSD and the part number is available in the service guide I have shared.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Do I have buy 500gb or 1TB Ssd? 

Do I have buy 2.5 inch Ssd or M2 type 2280? 

HP Recommended

@Yash_Kb

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, you can choose either one of the options.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm not satisfied with any of the Answer but I'm gonna accept the solution.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Yash_Kb

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.